Archaeology is an important component of our heritage and we have always felt a strong responsibility to share our work with the wider community with the simple aim of fostering an understanding and enjoyment of our common past.
We try and achieve this in a number of ways including:
- holding open days and activities for the public on excavation sites
- engaging with outreach events such as the national Festival of Archaeology
- taking part in symposia for the general public and local societies
- co-ordinating specific volunteers events
- student placements and work experience
- national, regional, local TV and radio interviews
- ensuring summaries and articles on our projects are available through county journals
- contributing to academic projects
- publishing excavation monographs
Whether archaeology is part of your learning, your job, a hobby or a casual interest, why not bookmark this page for updated community news and opportunities for you to get involved.